This program allows First Time Owners’ (those customers with no prior automotive finance history) the ability to finance a new or certified pre-owned vehicle or lease a new Mazda vehicle.
Prior credit history not required to be approved on the Mazda FTO program
- Must not have prior automotive credit history
- Must not have derogatory credit (delinquencies, charge-offs, or judgments)
- Must not have any negative equity
- Additionally, approval rates will increase with candidates that:
- Have some other type of positive credit history, no matter how limited (e.g. credit card)
- Have a reasonable down payment
- Have proof of insurance
- Have proof of income
This program applies to Mazda3, Mazda3 Sport, Mazda5, Mazda6, CX-3, CX-5, CX-9, MX-5 and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles. New current model 2016 Mazda3 Sedan, 2016 Mazda3 Sport, 2016 & 2017 CX-3 customers also benefit from the program by receiving a $500 discount from their purchase. This program can also be used in combination with all other incentive programs, excluding the Mazda Graduate Rebate.
Your dealership does not have to submit a claim form for reimbursement for the First Time Owners Program. This will be co-ordinated between Scotiabank and MCI, with payment for qualified First Time Owner deals delivered on your dealer statement. Customers will be qualified as First Time Owners through the RouteOne portal. Please see the Scotiabank First Time Owners Reference Guide for full program and process details (posted on the MDL).
Mazda Canada Inc. reserves the right to withhold payment for any claim deemed to be non-compliant with program requirements and guidelines.